I love FOOD. However, not all food loves me back. I, (like many people) am carb sensitive and tend to gain weight and feel inflamed with too many grains. Oh, and I also can't tolerate gluten - so it is extra tough for someone eating vegan. So to keep the carbs down, I made this vegan, keto "taco" style zucchini boats and they're the bomb...Here's the recipe.
3 Large zucchini's
3/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1 clove garlic (mashed)
1 4 ounce can of diced green chilis
2 cups of cauliflower rice (learn how to do here)
1/2 cup diced cherry tomato
1/2 cup shredded Miyoko's Vegan Mozzarella
A little pinch of salt
A few cracks of Simply Organic Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. Wash and cut zucchini lengthwise and then hollow out the center of the zucchini halves (make a boat). Place them cut side up on parchment paper in a baking dish and lightly salt.
*You should leave around 1/4-inch thick of zucchini flesh on each half.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and then add in the onion, garlic and green pepper, tomato and cook until translucent.
3. Next, add in the veggie ground to the skillet and sauté. Then add spices, green chiles, cauliflower rice, and salsa. Adjust seasonings as you see fit!
4. Once everything is mixed together cook until heated through, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Transfer "taco" mixture to zucchini boats and fill just above the top.
6. Cover with Miyokos vegan mozz and then cover casserole dish with foil.
7. Bake 25 - 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes (so the cheese can get all bubbly!
8. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes. Add Cilantro for garnish.
Serve with Mexican Chowder or Spicy Mexican Slaw and impress everyone with your low carb cooking skills!
Here are some of the products we used to make this! Try it out and let me know how it turns out!